The smile of my child makes me realize that I am alive; the smile of my child makes my life worth living, sang Amber. And all parents would agree. But they often forget that healthy teeth are must for that shinning smile.
How important is a child's dental health?
How you look after a child's teeth from the time they are babies will make a difference to how the teeth grow and how healthy they are. A child's dental health is important in two ways.
One, for its eating purpose, and secondly, its aesthetic value - that is the look it adds to a face. Parents often do not understand that ignoring dental health can actually lead to lots of problem. However, lately parents are becoming more aware.
When should a child see a dentist?
No matter how old a child is parents should make a bi-annual visit to the dentist with their child in order to help detect any sign of weakness or problem. The first visit could be when the child is one-and-a-half years of age.
Kids love eating chocolates, chewing gums, toffees etc. Are these really harmful?
Well, if taken in moderation and teeth are properly brushed, then these things are not really harmful. But parents should he strict if children are going overboard. It is very important to know that the root cause of most of the problems is cavity, which occurs in absence of proper brushing habit.
So, what is cavity? What should be done to fight this problem?
Cavity is the loss of tooth structure due to caries. It is caused by bacteria which releases acids that cause demineralisation of tooth. This problem can be easily managed by proper brushing of teeth twice a day, healthy food habits and regular dental check-ups.
When does a child become prone to tooth decay or gum disease?
A child can be prone to tooth decay or any gum disease in the following cases:
• Genetically predisposed
• Poor oral hygiene
• Improper brushing
• Bad food habits
Some children have more white and stronger teeth than others. Why is it so?
Such differences are usually because of genetic disposition and healthy food habits along with good oral hygiene.
With varieties of toothpastes - fluoride, ayurvedic, herbal etc - available in the market, which one to choose?
All toothpastes are more or less the same. There is no difference as such. They mainly differ in colour, smell and taste. Though some of them are medicated and their use is indicated during tooth sensitivity.
There are so many kids' toothpastes in the market. Are they anyway better?
The kid's toothpastes available in the market have lower levels of menthol and abrasives. In that respect, they are definitely better than toothpastes for adults. Since such toothpastes are suitably flavoured, they enhance a kid's compliance.
Is using too much toothpaste harmful?
Yes, it is true; too much use of fluoride toothpaste can result in fluoride toxicity with symptoms like nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting and headaches.
As kids grow older, a discrepant}; between their jaw and tooth size may occur, leading to spacing or crowding of teeth. In some cases the upper teeth may be too protruding. There can be any number of variations in the settings of teeth in a jaw. The best way to correct them is a dental visit at the first instance of a problem. It can be dealt initially by simple extracting of the milk tooth and later by orthodontic treatment using braces.
"The kids' toothpastes have lower levels of menthol and abrasives. They are definitely better than toothpastes for adults."
संबंधित पुष्प :
01. Child's Global Fleshiness : (मुलांमधिल लट्ठपणाचा जागतिक रोग) - १
02. Child's Global Fleshiness : Child's Global Fleshiness : (मुलांमधिल लट्ठपणाचा जागतिक रोग) - २
03. Child's Global Fleshiness : How to measure weight? (वजन कसे मोजावे?) - ३
04. Kid's Breakfast (मुलांचा खाऊ )
05. Be aware about kid's fever (मुलांचे तापेपासून स्वंरक्षण)
06. ICU : Ice Cream Unit
07. A Solution on Bed Weting : Homeopathy (मुलांच्या बेड वेटिंगवर उपाय)
08. How to measure weight? (वजन कसे मोजावे?) - ३
09. Sweet Medicine on Maleriya (मलेरियावर गोड औषध)
10. Kids and Rules of Massage (मुले आणि मालिश करण्याचे नियम)
11. What is the importance of beauty sleep in your kid's life? (मुलांसाठी झोप किती महत्वाची?)
12. Anti Oxidents : Keep Disease Away (एंटी आँक्सिडेंटस : दूर ठेवा आजारपणाच्या तक्रारी)
13. Milk : The Best Food Forever! (दूध एक उत्तम आहार)
14. If someone afflicted at home (घरात जर कुणी आजारी असेल तर )
15. Kids, please do not habitual with Fast Food..!!!
16. How toxins enter our body?
17. Useful Websites for Kids (मुलांसाठी उपयुक्त वेबसाइट्स)
18. While Conversation With Kids (मुलांशी संवाद साधताना)
19. Cryos : The First International Sperm Bank In India (भारतातील पहिली आंतरराष्ट्रीय वीर्य बैंक)
20. Stressful Period Before Delivery May Affect the Growth of Your Baby (प्रसूतिपूर्व काळात ताणाचा संतातिवर परिणाम शक्य)
21. Mom and Dad,Please change your attitude (मम्मी आणि पप्पा आता तरी बदला ना!)
22. Calcium Bank for your child
23. Kindergarchy : The Rules by Children
24. How safe are baby products?
25. How important the stickers on baby products?
26. What to do before your baby comes?
27. Baby Products - Money Saving Tips
28. Adults too can suffer from Whooping Cough
29. What's wrong with baby? Yeah! They are crying!
30. Calcium may significantly improve kid's bone health
31. An open letter to all young mom
32. Acne Products : Your Transforming Skincare
33. Some Health Tips for you all
34. How to get cured of diarrhoea - 1
35. What causes Diarrhoea? - 2
36. Tongue display helps recover balance problem
37. Diarrhoea in Children - 3
38. Get prominent skin with Resurgence
38. Homework in progress - 1
39. Homework in Progress : Regular overview - 2
40. Protect your grandparents with Medical Alarm
41. Homework in Progress : Make it a Quiz Time - 3
42. Homework in Progress - Postitive Feedback Counts - 4
43. Get Tea Bonanza at EnglishTeaStore.com
44. Homework in Progress : Break Point - 5
45. Homework in Progress : Do not think twice, just log on - 6
46. A judgement court for kids (शोषित पिढीत मुलांना न्याय लवकर मिळावा म्हणुन ख़ास न्यायालयाची स्थापना)
47. Adult's Rights (लहान मुलांचे अधिकार)